|Original News Release|
New seats in 2007-08
· Okanagan College – 120 seats
· University College of the Fraser Valley – 10 seats
· Thompson Rivers University – 20 seats
· Selkirk College – 20 seats
· Northwest Community College – 11 seats
· Vancouver Community College – 16 seats
· Camosun College – eight seats for Aboriginal students
· Northern Lights College – eight seats for Aboriginal students
One-time funding support
· $79,000 to Vancouver Community College to lead a revision of the residential care aide curriculum, which will also be made available to private institutions.
· $25,000 to Douglas College to fund a multi-stakeholder pilot residential care aide project in the Fraser Health Region. The BC Care Providers Association will manage the project.
· $30,000 to Northwest Community College for equipment to support the residential care aide expansion.
· $160,000 to Okanagan College for equipment for two laboratories to support expansion in the residential care aide and licensed practical nurse program at the college.
· $70,000 to Okanagan College to support an additional intake of residential care aide students.
· $128,609 to Camosun College to support two additional intakes of residential care aide students.
250 812-7977 (cell)
For more information on government services or to subscribe to the Province’s news feeds using RSS, visit the Province’s website at www.gov.bc.ca.