For Immediate Release
Nov. 26, 2013
Office of the Premier
B.C. and China endorse partnerships
BEIJING – As the first few days of Premier Christy Clark’s Jobs and Trade Mission 2013 come to a close, here is a recap of what’s been happening:
On Nov. 24, Premier Christy Clark witnessed Minister of International Trade Teresa Wat sign an agreement between the ministry and the Sichuan Department of Commerce to further enhance economic relations and explore areas of potential co-operation. The agreement also promotes B.C. as an ideal investment destination for LNG projects.
On Nov. 25, Premier Clark witnessed Wat sign an agreement between the ministry and the Chongqing Foreign Trade and Economic Relations Commission (COFTEC). The agreement highlights the commitment from both the B.C. government and COFTEC to promote trade and investment links between the two jurisdictions.
On Nov. 26, Premier Clark and Wat witnessed the signing of several agreements between British Columbian and Chinese businesses and organizations:
· An agreement between Royal Roads University and the Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications to create a joint degree in emergency and disaster management.
· A memorandum of understanding (MOU) between China New Energy Chamber of Commerce Biomass Energy Industry Association and the Office of the British Columbia Representative in Asia and Investment and Trade Commissioner to further explore trade and investment opportunities in B.C., including but not limited to the forestry industry.
· A MOU between the University of British Columbia and Kailuan Energy Chemical Group to develop mutually beneficial, collaborative research, development, and demonstration regarding the production and processing of coal, coal related chemicals and natural gas.
· An agreement between Corvus Energy, a B.C.-based manufacturer of lithium energy storage solutions, and Dunhuang Libio, to provide energy integration of large-scale wind-and solar-energy generation to the China Guodian (State Grid).
· A MOU between BC Centre of Excellence in HIV/AIDS and the China Centre for Disease Control and Prevention for research collaboration.
· A MOU between Camosun College and the Beijing Vocational College of Finance and Commerce to explore training opportunities for business students from both institutes.
· An agreement between Ocean Networks Canada, the University of Victoria and the National Ocean Technology Center and State Oceanic Administration for complementary research activity.
· An Investment agreement between Wen Lian Aquaculture Company and Junebee Real Properties Inc. and Da Lin Enterprises Ltd. to invest $2 million each into Wen Lian Aquaculture.
· A MOU between Sunwell Technologies (B.C.) and Shandong Quinchi for Sunwell to supply B.C. blueberries and technology for making blueberry wine.
· The BC Newsroom has live updates from #TM13 here: http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/2013/10/growing-markets-in-asia-and-promoting-investment-in-british-columbia---trade-missions.html
· You can also follow the 2013 trade mission using: www.BritishColumbia.ca
the Province’s international-facing website, its Twitter feed at: https://twitter.com/BCTradeInvest and on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/trade-&-invest-british-columbia
· To learn more about the British Columbia Representative in Asia and Investment and Trade Commissioner, visit: http://www.britishcolumbia.ca/Global/Investment-and-Trade-Commissioner.aspx#.UpOtMByvN8E
· Royal Roads University: http://www.royalroads.ca/
· The University of British Columbia: http://www.ubc.ca/
· Corvus Energy: http://www.corvus-energy.com/
· The BC Centre of Excellence in HIV/AIDS: http://www.cfenet.ubc.ca/
· Camosun College: http://camosun.ca/
· Ocean Networks Canada: http://www.oceannetworks.ca/
· The University of Victoria: http://www.uvic.ca/
· Wen Lian Aquiculture Company: http://www.bcseafoodhatchery.com/
· For more information on Sunwell Technologies, contact Ravi Panwar at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Premier
Ministry of International Trade
and Minister Responsible for the Asia Pacific Strategy
Connect with the Province of B.C. at: www.gov.bc.ca/connect